Before beginning your training routine, it is essential that you do some stretches to promote blood circulation throughout the body and help avoid unexpected injuries. Dynamic stretches, also known as active stretches, are vibrant movement patterns whereby the joints and muscles experience a full range of motion.
These stretches are used as a warm-up and are used to stimulate and prepare the muscles for vigorous exercise. Apart from stretching the muscles and tissues, dynamic stretching makes the muscles ready for action by activating and warming them up. Furthermore, a proper warm-up should also include foam rolling, dynamic stretching, and other motions to ensure that your muscles and joints are loose, mobile, and ready for your workout.
Here are some universal dynamic stretches for your upper body.
A standing side bend is a stretch that targets your obliques, back muscles, and lower and upper abs. Other than stretching your upper body, side bends also improve your posture and strengthen your legs. Here’s how to do them;
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms hanging to your sides.
- Raise your left arm overhead, stretching your torso to the right as far as possible.
- Hold the position for about 15 seconds.
- Return to the original position and repeat with the right side.
Spinal rotations, also known as trunk rotations, stretch your upper back, shoulders, and abs. Side note: you can also use workout supplements from Steroidsfax to help you train better and more efficiently. Here’s how to do them;
- Stand straight, your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms hanging to your sides.
- Ensure that your body is in a “T” shape and then, with your lower body still, rotate your upper body back and forth from right to left.
- Always keep your eyes in the direction you are going.
This exercise aims to stretch your chest muscles. Here’s how to do them;
- Stand upright with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bring your arms behind your back then interlock your fingers.
- Push your arms up while pulling your shoulder blades together
- Hold the position for about 20 seconds.
According to fitness experts, the neck can be stretched through flexion, extension, and/or rotation. For extension and flexion, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your head facing forward. Gently tuck your chin inwards to your chest then lift the head up and back as far as it can comfortably go. CBD oil has lots of benefits and also side effects so you should be aware of this.
To do rotations, look straight ahead and in a uniform pattern, then move your head back and forth from left to right. Ensure that you do at least 15 reps with each stretch.
This stretches your chest and shoulders. Here’s how to do them;
- Stand upright with your feet shoulder-width apart, then lift your arms outwards to your sides. Also, ensure that your arms are parallel to the ground.
- In a controlled manner, gently move your arms towards your chest and let them criss-cross over each other.
- Return to the original position. Do this for about 30 seconds.
Benefits of Dynamic Stretching
Some of the significant advantages of dynamic stretching include;
- Dynamic stretching improves your posture, mobility, and flexibility. Thereby reducing the risk of injuries during training.
- Dynamic stretching prepares your body for high-intensity exercise by loosening your muscles.
- Dynamic stretching can also be used as a warm-up exercise.